Product Manager- Mobile, RT & Crawler CranesNewport News, VA | Job ID 17906
- Job ID 17906
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Product Manager is the product expert and primary liaison between the Company and internal and external customers for products of the LUS - Mobile and Crawler Cranes Division in the USA; as well as serving as the US liaison with the factory (LWE). Products include All-Terrain cranes (LTM, LTC) Rough Terrain cranes (LRT), Telescopic Crawler Cranes (LTR) and Lattice Boom Cranes (LR, LG). The Product Manager will be knowledgeable of Liebherr advantages and benefits compared to major competitors, and responsible for developing and increasing Liebherr market share in the product segment. The Product Manager will provide technical expertise and sales support to the Regional Sales Managers, General Manager of Sales, Service Department, and Sales Administration Department.
- Provides technical expertise and product knowledge to company sales staff and customers.
- Assists Regional Territory Managers and General Manager Sales in selling company’s products and services to new customers, established customers, and governmental agencies.
- Partners and collaborates with the factory, the LUS Marketing Department, the Sales Administration Department, and Regional Territory Managers to ensure maximum customer and sales support for the product line.
- Develops sales presentations either independently or in conjunction with available resources for the use of Territory Managers and General Manager Sales.
- Develops training programs to maximize product knowledge of company sales staff to achieve increased market share across the product range.
- Partners and collaborates with the factory to undertake market studies for the future development of the product line.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed knowledge of Company’s products and competitor’s products.
- Monitors, evaluates and reports the activities and products of the competition.
- Collaborates with the technical staff to identify product improvement suggestions for US market applications and communicates with the factory product development team both needs and recommendations.
- Responsible for reporting to upper level management with progress reports on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining internal and external customer relationships while achieving sales goals.
- Recommends budget expenditures for sales activities and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective market strategies to achieve company sales and profit goals.
- Reports updated information on new projects, their progress and any lost sale activity on a timely basis.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a strategic sales plan to accommodate corporate goals.
- Directs and participates in sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Represents Company at trade association meetings and customer events to promote products.
- Analyzes customer needs for equipment and options and determining if they are compatible with product line.
- Provides direct internal and external customer contact via phone, email, and on-site visits.
- High school diploma and 5 years of experience with sales within the crane industry, or an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crane lifting and all terrain, crawler crane and rough terrain crane products.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to function within a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Please apply at www.liebherr.com.