Financial AccountantNewport News, VA | Job ID 17186
- Job ID 17186
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Financial Accountant is responsible for applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyzes financial information detailing balance sheet accounts and portions of the profit and loss accounts. Reconciles sub-ledgers to general ledger.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries.
- Calculates amounts for warranty reserves, POC liabilities, foreign exchange revaluations, A/R allowances, and other accruals.
- Reconciles bank account.
- Performs Goods-in-Transit Analysis.
- Assists with preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other financial reports including LIN reports.
- Participates in preparation of internal and external audit materials and tax work papers.
- Participates and supplies necessary items for sales & use tax audits.
- Reconciles fixed asset accounts monthly, calculates depreciation and maintains supporting documentation and files.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual property tax returns and business licenses for multiple states.
- Maintains all required data in LIP Online (capital investment reporting system) throughout the year; reconciles general ledge to LIP; consolidates the capital budgets from all divisions annually.
- Assists the Manager - Financial Accounting with special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers, suppliers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft Access Database software; Word Processing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to setup queries, enter data and process information.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.