Technical Advisor, Mobile & Crawler Cranes-Newport News, VANewport News, VA | Job ID 16834
- Job ID 16834
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The position of Technical Advisor, Customer Assistance will provide technical support for all LCI departments, Liebherr Ehingen and customers, as well as provide technical information for new crane deliveries. It will also be responsible for coordinating with the Technical Coordinator-Field Service for the scheduling and dispatch of workers, work crews, spare parts, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. The position will interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Coordinate with the Technical Coordinator-Field Service to schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Provide technical information and documentation to sales, Liebherr Ehingen, service, customers and training.
- Supply internal and external customers with detailed information regarding crane operations and functions.
- Read and interpret modification procedures from a technical perspective.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
- Analyzes problems and propose / implement detailed technical solutions.
- Analyze customer needs for new equipment and options and support sales in determining if they are compatible.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services to take orders or cancel accounts or to obtain details of complaints.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as actions taken.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of modifications, investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation
- Complete contact forms, prepare change of address records and delivery address changes using computers.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring that established safety procedures are being followed.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated prior experience in providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner
- Education and Experience
High school graduate or GED and at least 3 years of experience with heavy equipment or machinery, or the equivalent education and experience. At least 5 years of experience with All-terrain and crawler cranes, to include: reading of electrical and hydraulic schematics, mechanical, electric and hydraulic systems and other essential functions required to troubleshoot and diagnose crane service issues.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.