Accounts Payable SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 16833
- Job ID 16833
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for Accounts Payables functions for Liebherr USA, Co. in Newport News, VA.
- Processes accounts payable invoices and credits from 3rd parties and affiliated companies.
- Reconciles supplier statements.
- Works closely with Purchasing and other departments to resolve discrepancies or acquire needed approvals.
- Processes payments via bank wire or paper check.
- Reviews supplier invoices for proper sales and use tax and accrues tax if necessary.
- Inputs data for monthly journal entries.
- Reconciles Affiliated Balances quarterly utilizing the LIN ICS/SAB system.
- Processes expense reports.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of sales and use tax regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to enter data and process payments.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
A High School Diploma and two years’ experience of applicable accounting work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. All applicants must be done online at www.liebherr.com.