Regional Customer Support Manager-EurasiaNewport News, VA | Job ID 16702
- Job ID 16702
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 8/12/19
The Regional Manager Customer Support serves as the primary point-of-contact to provide all aspects of product support to Liebherr Mining (MIN) affiliates, LME Sales and Marketing departments, internal and external customers and other Liebherr companies focusing on the performance of trucks in the assigned region.
- Primary point of contact for affiliates on all product related issues.
- Documents, reports all major events that impact the performance of the truck and status of product reliability related issues by each mine-site.
- Coordinates Service Information’s (SI’s) and Technical Instructions (TIs) with affiliates.
- Reports potential product issues and follows up with status and progress reports to affiliates and customers.
- Submits Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) to Engineering and follows-up as required.
- Advises the Warranty Administrator on the technical validity of submitted warranty claims.
- Provides technical sales support upon request.
- Documents, reports and maintains on a monthly basis all events that impact the reliability of a truck and status of product reliability related issues by mine-site.
- Coordinates documentation relating to upgrades and modifications [Service Instructions (Sis) and Technical Instructions (TIs)] with relevant personnel and verifies when the upgrades and modifications have been implemented.
- Follows up to ensure customer acceptance packages are received within 7-days of release, checks for completeness and directs problems reported back to the relevant departments.
- Schedules post-commissioning meetings as required to provide reports to internal stake holders detailing the quality and completeness of haul trucks shipped from the Factory.
- Monitors LME Field Service Reports and ensures Product Support Representatives submit reports weekly when performing work in their respective regions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from four-year College or university; or five years related maintenance experience in heavy equipment mining environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic AC and DC electric drive systems.
- Knowledge of basic high horse power diesel engine principles.
- Knowledge of electronically controlled hydraulic systems as employed by modern earth moving equipment.
- Knowledge of design principles of large electric drive hauls trucks.
- Knowledge of Access Database software; Project Management software; Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read, interpret and troubleshoot from hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret structural drawings.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.