Shipping ClerkSaline, MI | Job ID 16671
- Job ID 16671
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
To provide support and drive the shipping process for internal and external Liebherr customers in a timely manner. The shipping clerk will ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining accurate and efficient workflow and supporting the shipping supervisor as needed.
- Perform shipping duties.
- Support the shipment of goods produced and supplies to be used in in the packaging/storage of goods destined for shipment to our customer base.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by customer service via delivery notes.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the shipping supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Must ensure the integrity of the shipping process is aligned with the supply chain department’s standards.
- When necessary, offer feedback and ideas to improve the workflow.
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Must be familiar with and operate the most common material handling equipment.
- Must have computer skills to navigate UPS/FEDEX online software.
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to communicate across various teams.
- Good verbal and written skills
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience in relevant environment; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment preferred.
- Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.