Warehouse Logistics Project LeadNewport News, VA | Job ID 15650
- Job ID 15650
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 5/10/19
The Warehouse Logistics Project Lead has responsibility for leading and coordinating activities of designated projects for Liebherr’s warehousing and logistics systems. Ensures that goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframe by performing the following duties personally or through project team members
- Interacts with other key users and consultants to describe specific Warehouse Logistics processes and functions.
- Conducts analysis, design and modeling of systems.
- Serves as the Warehouse Logistics SME (Subject Matter Expert) with regards to Warehousing and Logistics processes.
- Serves as interface between end users within Liebherr and other Liebherr divisions. This also applies when on projects.
- Trains and educates end users on ERP and WMS system processes.
- Organizes and conducts testing in the ERP and WMS systems.
- Works closely with the Warehouse Logistics team to validate processes.
- Coordinates activities of end user personnel in support of project schedules.
- Serves as the POC for all end users regarding inquiries in the ERP/WMS systems.
- Associates degree from an accredited university and 4 years related work experience; or 8 years relevant work experience. Previous experience with ERP and WMS system is a plus. APICS CPIM certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of BaaN, or equivalent ERP/WMS system, system integration and barcoding.
- Knowledge of relational databases preferred
- Proficient at identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.