Graphic DesignerNewport News | Job ID 15305
- Job ID 15305
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Marketing / PR / Communication
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/12/2019
The Graphic Designer works directly with the Marketing Manager of Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co. (LME) providing support and creating advertisement material for the mining division. The Graphic Designer will provide a wide variety of print and multimedia services. These services include but not limited to: photo shoots, artwork, standalone multimedia presentations, 2D and 3D animation, video production, special effects, photo compositing, web design, infographic design, and application design for mobile devices.
- Execute new designs from concept to completion in fast-paced collaborative environments.
- Participate and contribute in creative, interactive brainstorming sessions and provide recommendations for the deployment of innovative concepts and designs for digital materials.
- Produce and edit photography for print and digital media.
- Produce corporate videos, including concepts, graphics, shooting and post-production with special effects.
- Develop 2D and 3D animations of Liebherr mining equipment.
- Maintain updates of the Liebherr website and create new content.
- Provide support to the marketing department in creating, formatting and editing PowerPoint presentations.
- Improve quality and value of marketing communications via collaboration with outside vendors.
- Obtain quotes for marketing projects.
- Research and recommend equipment and software updates based on industry best practices.
- Communicate and promote effective use of new and current technologies.
- Maintain database of marketing resources such as photos, videos, electronic media etc.
- Assist in planning and implementing marketing strategy, including advertising and PR.
- Contribute to the formulation of marketing policy, programs and strategy.
- Assist with the development of advertising campaigns.
- Design prints for internal and external use such as: yearly newsletters, annual reports, handouts, web and billboard, advertisement, brochures.
- Support the development of mobile tools and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or proven expertise in graphic design, fine arts or related area of study from an accredited institution of higher education. Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience with multimedia production.
- Knowledge of corporate design practices, logo usage and corporate identity standards.
- Familiar with print production and the requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in translating business information/data/analytics into compelling visuals (e.g. charts, graphs, informational graphics, and presentations).
- Advanced Computer Skills; must have experience with various multimedia software: Adobe Creative Suite, 3D software (Cinema 4D, Keyshot or similar), video post-production (Premiere and After Effect).
- Expert in PowerPoint and other Microsoft products.
- Experienced with video production, including cameras, lighting, composition and post production software.
- Experienced in photography; comfortable shooting in manual mode and ability to use professional material.
- Knowledge of basic web design including HTML, CSS, etc. SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with drone usage a plus.
- Basic understanding of engineering concepts.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a creative mind.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive feedback.
- Proven ability to function independently.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time, lasting up to two weeks.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com