Product Support RepresentativeNewport News, VA | Job ID 15204
- Job ID 15204
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Product Support Representative plans and coordinates activities concerned with assembling, testing, and commissioning of various types of Liebherr equipment. Investigates and resolves customer reports of technical problems with equipment and assists customers with service-related issues such as machine performance, preventive maintenance, and the reduction of future operational or service difficulties.
- Assembles new or used equipment at customer sites and ensures full functionality according to factory specifications.
- Writes Product Incident Reports (PIR’s) on technical problems used to identify trends affecting design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and makes recommendations for modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Writes Product Assembly Reports (PAR’s) on problems encountered during machine assemblies, reports and documentation from customers and field service technician’s, inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Provides assistance to Regional Managers Customer Support, Engineering, and other departments to resolve product problems and expedite solutions.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the Regional Managers Customer Support to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Assists in establishing preventive maintenance programs including planning and scheduling of equipment maintenance in accordance with factory specifications contained within Operation and
- Maintenance manuals and guidelines.
- Provides technical advice and assists customers in completing and submitting warranty claims and ensures parts and paperwork are returned to the factory as required.
- Provides technical advice/feedback in the development of service manuals Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) and training courses.
- Conducts training on safe operation of the equipment and demonstrates skills to customer Operations and Maintenance personnel, as required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and three (3) years related experience and/or training; or five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of heavy mining equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites domestically and internationally 50% of the time for 2-7 weeks in duration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Serve on-call for 24/7 shifts and periodically required to work up to 14-hour days.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, low voltage D.C., high voltage A.C., electrical control systems, and diesel engines.
- Knowledge of Outlook software, Excel Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software and SharePoint
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment, hydraulic test equipment and other equipment required for troubleshooting and diagnostic testing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.