Service Engineer Mobile and Crawler CranesDublin | Job ID 15161
- Job ID 15161
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our LWE Mobile and Crawler Crane department based in Ireland for a Service Engineer. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd and Liebherr Construction Equipment-Ireland Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site, ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake diagnostic, service, repair, recovery, technical and operational instruction on Liebherr crane products on behalf of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd (LGB) and Liebherr Construction Equipment-Ireland Ltd (LIR)
- To undertake similar work on non-Liebherr products from time to time as necessary as approved and appropriate
- To focus, as a priority on the Company’s mobile crane customers and also to become familiar with and support customers with other product types
- To participate in the early stages with the effective processing of warranty claims.
- To identify opportunities to develop revenue work with contacted customers and reduce exposure to costs and risks
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested
- To undertake additional tasks, training and projects as may be reasonably requested by the company from time to time
- To work additional hours as reasonably required to undertake the described duties and to be available to work a rota based out-of-hours customer support, if such a programme is implemented
- To undertake all duties predominately in the Republic of Ireland and UK but also be prepared to travel outside this territory as required from time to time
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Has relevant product or industry experience
- Able to demonstrate through experience in a similar industry application of skills and knowledge gained
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.