Production Supervisor-Concrete PumpsNewport News | Job ID 15022
- Job ID 15022
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Production Supervisor directs and coordinates activities for Assembly department in processing materials or concrete pumping equipment components by performing the following duties personally or through hourly employees.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create assemly schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase department efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Oversees proper handling and disposal of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Directly supervises employees in the pump assembly department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of assembly team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Payroll systems; Project Management software; Computer Aided Design (CAD) software; Spreadsheet software, Presentation software and Word Processing software.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.