Human Resources GeneralistNewport News | Job ID 14462
- Job ID 14462
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Human resources
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 20 February 2019
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager (HRM) in supporting the HR program, policies, and initiatives for the U.S. Liebherr companies and operating divisions.
- Employee Relations:
- Advises managers and employees on the company’s policies, procedures, programs, government regulations, laws and standards.
- Advises managers on an individual basis on HR related topics including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews and employee relations.
- Attends to and investigates employee relations issues and advises management in appropriate resolution.
- Advises employees on managing employee interrelationships and job performance.
- Coordinates and conducts exit interviews.
- Provide written response to state unemployment insurance claims, act as and represents Company at unemployment hearings.
- Policies & Procedures:
- Works closely with the HRM in drafting U.S. policies and procedures. Studies the impact of legislation and supports compliance with federal and state laws.
- Coordinates with HRM to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Assist in administering the staffing function, including recruitment sourcing that ensures a qualified, diverse applicant pool for all positions, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, interviewing, extending offers, scheduling pre-employment drug screens and physicals, corresponding with applicants, coordinating relocation when applicable and visa processing.
- Conducts new employee orientation
- Works closely with the visa requester, HR, and U.S. Liebherr and foreign affiliate management to prepare draft visa packages for HRM review.
- Audits visa listing for accuracy and monitors upcoming visa expirations for renewal.
- Benefits Administration:
- Assists the Benefits team with the coordination of the Company’s benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, FMLA, leave of absence and employee assistance.
- Participates on employee welfare teams.
- Compensation and Performance Management:
- Administers performance review and salary administration programs to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Performs salary analysis for managers to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Tracks and reviews performance appraisals and salary changes for compliance and consistency.
- Works closely with management and employees to develop and maintain job descriptions for all existing and new positions.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of Human Resources department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and governmental reporting regulations affecting human resources functions.
- Tracks and audits personnel transactions such as hires, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for company and government reporting.
- Assists in random drug testing.
A related Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule required to support U.S. site locations and foreign affiliates.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff inside and outside of Liebherr.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to maintain discretion and handle sensitive information.
- Solid working knowledge of employment law.
- Proficient in MS Office; internet and intranet software; payroll systems; and HRIS systems.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and calculate figures and amounts.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.