Electrical Designer II-SeniorNewport News | Job ID 14375
- Job ID 14375
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 2/12/2019
The Electrical Designer works closely with Engineers and Senior Designers preparing designs and drawings of a complex nature. This position analyzes proposed products to eliminate design issues in manufacture, assembly; installation and operation of mining haul trucks. Provides advice and guidance to Drafters and works with other departments to provide engineering documentation and information.
- Works under the direction of Engineers or Senior Designers.
- Drafts detailed drawings of assemblies, subassemblies, installations and piece parts as required in 2D & 3D Computer Assisted/Aided Design (CAD) packages.
- Modifies designs to correct operating deficiencies.
- Prepares Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and other engineering documentation.
- Assists in investigating engineering design/production problems and initiates appropriate action.
- Promotes effective interdepartmental communications for joint design projects.
- Works with Engineers to design, install, test, analyze, and maintain electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Prepares Bills Of Materials (BOMs) within the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system (BaaN).
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with quality assurance requirements.
- Associate of Science (A.A.S.) degree in Drafting and Design or Drafting Certificate from a technical institute or completion of 2 years in an engineering curriculum and 4 years of CAD drafting experience, or 6 years in a manufacturing environment with experience in electrical assembly & installation with at least 2 of those years working with engineering CAD drafting.
- Knowledge of relevant drafting tools or computer-assisted design CAD or drafting equipment and software.
- Working knowledge (heavy) of CREO (Pro-E) design/drafting techniques, practices, dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to read documents such as electrical schematics, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals and have a basic understanding.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and standards.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck BOM structure and inventory control.
- Past working expericence in the off road or on road mobile vehicle market.
- Familiar with wiring and connection systems for off road or on road mobile vehicle types.
- Ability to work in fast paced pressure environment
- Ability to work independently as well as function with teams.
- Some experience with electrical layouts and methods.
- Autocad Mechnical is a plus
- Autocad Electrical is a plus
- Travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and valid passport.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.