Accounts Payable SpecialistNewport News | Job ID 14287
- Job ID 14287
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 2/5/2019
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for Accounts Payables functions.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes
- Reconciles statements.
- Analyzes accounts payable & material in transit reports.
- Works closely with Purchasing to resolve discrepancies.
- Processes payments via bank wire or paper check.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and computers.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Assists with account receivable and special projects as necessary.
- A High School Diploma and two years experience of applicable accounting work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work overtime as required.
Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
Working knowledge of spreadsheets and email.
Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter; and portfolio link if applicable.