Purchasing AssistantNewport News | Job ID 14136
- Job ID 14136
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 25 January 2019
The Purchasing Assistant supports the procurement activities for materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties.
- Assists in all activities related to procurement of a commodity from intent to purchase through delivery.
- Assists in implementing guidelines and regulations from corporate Liebherr Procurement Services (LPS).
- Prepares and follows up on Requests For Quotations in cooperation with the Strategic Buyers.
- Prepares price comparisons, purchasing reports and presentations.
- Supports the Strategic Buyer in the supplier selection process.
- Supports the process of supplier evaluations by compiling and analyzing data.
- Assists in resolving non conformances.
- Prepares commodity analyses and price change notifications.
- Places purchase orders, follows-up and reschedules purchase order out of the ERP System in cooperation with the Procurement Planner.
- Maintains and updates data in the ERP System.
- Evaluates and updates order parameters in the ERP System to optimize inventory levels and order costs.
- Notifies and updates suppliers about engineering changes in cooperation with the Strategic Buyer and Procurement Planner.
- Researches and assists in resolving delivery and price discrepancies.
- Processes purchase orders from affiliated Liebherr companies.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files records, both electronically and occasionally in paper files.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport..
- High school Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Minimum one year related experience and/or training. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of procurement principles, theories, and processes.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of MS office software and ERP system.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.