Field Service Technician - BurlingtonCambridge, ON | Job ID 14039
- Job ID 14039
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are family oriented and believe in long-term relationships.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match. To top it up, we will recognize your experience.
Responsible for the safe and effective repair and maintenance of machinery and components on heavy equipment, in the field, at customer sites, to high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
The schedule is a 5x2 work shift Monday to Friday and on-call as per rotational schedule.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, etc. to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Perform new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems as assigned
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
- Ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policy
- May require international travel for training
- 421A Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate
- Min. 5 years experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment in the field
- Specialist level knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonnal skills
- Communication of detailed and complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Comfortable using service reporting/time entry and parts ordering software
- Resourceful and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Valid Drivers license
All Liebherr Canada positions require:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills