Environmental Health & Safety AdvisorNewport News | Job ID 13851
- Job ID 13851
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Operational safety
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 1/14/2019
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor provides professional knowledge in the operation and support of safety programs for compliance with federal/state/local regulatory agencies, and Liebherr Policies and Procedures. The EHS Advisor develops, implements and coordinates EHS and training programs. Must have knowledge of regulatory compliance laws and applicable standards. This position will act as an EHS advisory body, complete compliance audit and reporting, develop and maintain the Environmental, Health and Safety management system and provide EHS support to management for the entire site. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.
- Tracks trends and develops appropriate safety corrective actions.
- Acts as the Lead for the safety committee.
- Coordinates emergency response preparation, planning and actual situations.
- Implements the chemical management program.
- Implements locally all EHS procedures and programs.
- Participates in incident investigations and management.
- Conducts risk assessments.
- Coordinates injury management and prevention.
- Performs EHS audits and provide reports.
- Performs EHS sampling and monitoring.
- Maintains safety metrics and KPI’s.
- Supports and makes recommendations to the management team in mitigating risks.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in a technical related discipline, preferably related to EHS; or 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience preferably within manufacturing / heavy construction or mining industries.
- Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene and engineering principles.
- Strong training and interpersonal skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Computer Skills: proficiency in MS Office
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees of organization.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Additional Requirements:
- Expected to travel to customer or supplier sites either nationally and internationally up to 30%.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.