Technical Manager, Maritime CranesBiggleswade | Job ID 11845
- Job ID 11845
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Maritime Crane department in Biggleswade for a Technical Manager, Maritime Cranes. The role, covering the UK, contributes to the success of Liebherr – Great Britain Ltd by ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Solve technical issues on the range of the Liebherr Maritime Crane products via own technical knowledge and effective communication with colleagues, the factory and suppliers visiting sites where and when required to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- To provide LGB staff or customers with technical assistance in diagnosing and resolving machine or application problems.
- To circulate information and investigation details via written reports.
- Obtain suitable solutions from Liebherr factories on technical issues and warranty claims.
- Effectively uses the operating system (BAAN) to be able to manage the following processes; sales orders, warranty orders, purchase orders in addition to checking stock availability and the pricing of spare parts.
- Managing the promotion of all aspects of after sales activities.
- Managing technical advisors on a daily basis including absence management and assisting with their future development.
- Preparation of project specific documents such as method statements, risk assessments etc.
- Managing and monitoring of debtors accounts and active collection of outstanding invoices together with accounts and Head of Customer Services.
- Manages quotations of upgrades, service agreements and non-standard solutions including follow up and evaluation of not received orders.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining Work in Progress (WIP).
- Checking and signing of expenses, hours reports, invoices and credit notes.
- Evaluate and maintain spare part stock levels.
- Supports the hands on element of operations by undertaking out of hours responses as and when required.
- Visit customers on a regular basis.
- Takes the initiative to liaise with the various support Liebherr factories as and when required.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Formal technical training/qualification
- Sound knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- An excellent understanding of control systems and IT based diagnostics.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.