Concrete Pumps Technical AdvisorBurlington | Job ID 11500
- Job ID 11500
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Location: Laval QC or Burlington ON
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the Technical Advisor / Field Service Technician is responsible for the effective technical customer support, field repairs & maintenance from the office, workshop or on client site, on concrete technologies equipment. The advisor / technician will perform to high levels of quality service and customer satisfaction.
The schedule is Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week. Overtime as needed
- Provide over the phone or in the field technical support on Liebherr truck mounted concrete pumps, crawler mounted concrete pumps, and trailer mounted concrete pumps and components to determine the scope of work to be performed.
- Adjust, repair, and replace components within the manufacturer specifications
- Inspect and test repaired equipment to ensure its working order and work is conformed to the client specifications
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and return of equipment
- Order parts and keep inventory level following internal procedures
- Provide sales technical support as needed
- Maintain and care of Company tools, equipment and vehicles
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Requirements & Competencies
- Minimum Truck & Coach or off road heavy equipment Diploma, Red Seal or Provincial License an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ mechanical experience with concrete pumps equipment. Highway truck, foundation equipment, crawler cranes or earthmoving equipment experience considered.
- Demonstrated diagnostic and troubleshooting skills of electrical, hydraulic components
- Can read, understand and interpret machinery blueprints and schematics
- Working knowledge of PLC applications and Ladder Logic programming
- Concrete pump, Concrete batch plant operator / maintenance experience an asset
- Bilingual French and English preferred
- Willing and able to travel from 50 to 75% of the time, across Canada and internationally.
- Able to use MS Office, time entry and parts ordering software
- Able to work as part of a team, resourceful and work with minimal supervision
- Highly adaptable and responsive to changing priorities, technologies, conditions and requirements
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license required. Class 3 would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers, internal/external stakeholders and suppliers
Why Liebherr Canada?
We are committed to maintain a long-term relationship with our employees. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including Company paid health, dental and vision care plan for employees and their dependents from the 1st day, 3 weeks’ annual vacation to start, and an RRSP with a generous employer match.
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills