General Manager, Product Management & Sales SupportNewport News, VA | Job ID 57481
- Job ID 57481
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 7/28/2022
The General Manager, Product Management & Sales Support, is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the Sales Support and Product Management Department to ensure optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors or employees.
- Directs and coordinates activities within the Department to include the following:
- Preparation of internal purchasing orders for machines and attachments
- Coordinates the modification of equipment with shop if needed.
- To create and process the internal purchase order
- Maintains machine files.
- Updates inventory reports.
- Answers dealer and factory inquiries such as lead times and ports of shipment.
- Directs and coordinates activities within the Product Management Department to include the following:
- Preparation of quotes for machines and attachments.
- Definition of standardized stock units and related configurations
- Creation and maintenance of the dealer price book.
- Develops and maintains market intelligence regarding key competitors including specifications, pricing and market trends.
- Act as the liaison between the dealer organization, the end customer and the company for all Liebherr Earthmoving, Material Handling, and any other applications, such as waste and forestry. Provides specific application knowledge and technical expertise as required.
- Responsible for knowledge of Liebherr advantages and benefits compared to major competitors.
- Develops programs to train dealer on how to sell Liebherr using these advantages via webinars, onsite trainings at Liebherr and customer locations, etc.
- To actively provide sales trainings to dealer & store sales teams.
- Update and maintain Dealer Portal.
- Update and maintain Estimate Builder.
- Update and maintain Standardized Quotations, Calculations as electronic filing.
- Constantly improve and update the sales to order process.
- Provides support at trade shows and customer demonstrations.
- Actively participate in trade shows, dealer and customer visits.
- Directs and coordinates activities with relevant departments to ensure organization and overall condition and inventory accuracy for machines and attachments.
- Plans, develops and implements organization policies and goals.
- Coordinates Earthmoving Division (EMT) Marketing Activities.
- Works closely with the Managing Director to ensure company targets for growth, retention and profitability are met.
- Ensures departments maintain administration and relevant reporting and planning systems.
- Responsible for preparing departmental budget and achieving financial and departmental goals, and recommends budget expenditures for sales activities and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Ability to inspire and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others. Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Represents Company at trade association meetings and customer events to promote products.
- Manages Direct Reports and indirectly manages subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Sales Support and ProductManagement team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To manage the team in line with the remote work policy while assuring same work efficiency and output.
- Graduate degree in related business field preferred but not required. Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business Management or equivalent required. Five to seven years relevant construction equipment or similar experience or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 10 or more years in relevant industry. Three to five years in a supervisory role required.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry.
- Demonstrated strong supervisory skills and the ability to direct and manage others.
- Should have poise and confidence when speaking and presenting to groups for training and product introductions.
- Sound judgment and high integrity with ability to perform duties at customer sites and locations as required.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality training and related product knowledge to others within the organization as well as team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Swicegood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.