Machine BuilderSaline, MI | Job ID 52841
- Job ID 52841
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Gear and Automation Technologies, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/16/22
Job Summary:The Liebherr Gear Technology machine builder assembles or refurbishes mechanical components, sub-assemblies, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including the final assembly of Liebherr gear manufacturing machines. Assembly tasks include geometrical alignment of the machine axes as well as the documentation of these measurements. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Assembles mechanical components and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- Assembles hydraulic and pneumatic systems using hand tools.
- Installation of tubing, hoses as well as bending of pipes for the hydraulic and pneumatic system of the machines.
- Measures and adjusts the geometrical alignment of machine components and the machine axes.
- Documents the mechanical assembly steps and measurements in assembly protocols.
- Works with start-up technician to adjust pressure settings and machine alignment.
- Helps loading and unloading of the machines from the trucks.
- Operate various metalworking machines, such as milling and turning machines.
- Review, revise and troubleshoot installation bill of materials.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills
- Reads and understands assembly prints.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Ability to follow instructions and understand technical drawings
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to facilitate and succeed working part of cross functional teams
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists, within a fast-changing environment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and specifications
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and basic electrical schematics
- Ability to work in potentially stressful situations
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, working on a team or independently
Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jenna Wright at: Zenda Kelly 734-800-1824.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.