Technical TrainerSaline, MI | Job ID 41966
- Job ID 41966
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Technical Trainer is responsible for managing customer- and employee training, scheduling and facilitating of training classes, procurement of all training related equipment and materials, evaluating all training courses and material, follows up to ensure customer satisfaction, handles complaints or questions, and reports these to the Service Manager as necessary. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Manage, establish, maintain, and update training programs and material for LGT products.
- Organize and coordinate training classes; ensure training equipment and material necessary for training are properly ordered, shipped, and available.
- Prepare and provide training to customers and Liebherr employees at customer locations or Liebherr facilities.
- Conduct analyses on training needs and determine performance criteria.
- Manage and implement training evaluation strategies and instruments.
- Manage and develop technical training courses and related material such as manuals, and instructor guides.
- Prepare training classrooms; prepare class materials; oversee and assist students with concepts, assignments, and class projects as necessary.
- Provide support to the Service Department with new machine installations, repairs, and maintenance when necessary.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and controls systems.
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written, public speaking, good phone skills.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Ability to explain complex subjects clearly and interestingly.
- Demonstrate initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Associate’ degree (Bachelor’ preferred) in a technical field and 4-6 years of related/relevant experience to the role and 5-7 years experience of being a Service Engineer; or 7 years of related experience; or combination of education and experience.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.