National Business Development Manager - Material Handlers (LHB) ProductsBiggleswade | Job ID 41700
- Job ID 41700
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Earth Moving Sales department for a National Business Development Manager – Material Handlers (LHB) Products. The role focuses on the strategic sales development of Liebherr material handling products across all industry sectors (i.e. scrap / waste / ports / rail etc) within the UK market. A strong technical accumen is required to ensure the USP’s of Liebherr products are communicated effectively to customers. Help develop national accounts / fleet deals. Support the UK sales team to ensure LGB’s material handler market share is retained in line with the annual sales forecasts. To guide, mentor, train the UK sales team to ensure company goals are met. Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership. To ensure compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality system.
• To work side by side with the current ports and re-handling specialist and cover the duties outlined below.
• Develop and execute an annual sales strategy to grow LHB Material handler sales in the UK market.
• Produce monthly report for the MD of EMT outlining opportunities and challenges. Key areas: market activity, quotation level, sales level, stock position, factory machine delivery schedules & competition.
• To promote LHB material handling products proactively within the UK market and ensure LHB products receive equal attention to other Liebherr products in the portfolio.
• Develop relationships with UK National accounts / large fleet accounts and be a key contact for sales within these organisations.
• Key contact for LHB within LGB to ensure all technical / sales information is communicated to the UK sales team.
• Generate sales leads under own initiative to achieve short, medium and long term sales growth through networking, referrals, and prospecting.
• Offer technical support to the UK sales team.
• Liaise between after sales/accounts and national account customers in respect of any outstanding issues that cannot be resolved at a local level.
• Arrange and facilitate training programs for LGB sales team to ensure technical competency is met.
• Prepare and follow up quotations and tenders.
• Supervise demonstrations (together with local Area Sales Manager as required) at selected sites to facilitate the closing of new business.
• To advise management of any changes in competitor or market activity in respect of national accounts.
• To keep the Liebherr database system updated with all meaningful sales activities. Keep national account customer details up to date together with details of all prospects, quotations and lost orders.
• Work closely with After Sales team, especially in respect of service contracts, repair and maintenance contracts, etc.
• Work closely with the sales office organisation and other departments to maximise productivity and reduce costs.
• Attend exhibitions as required.
• Extensive travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
• Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
The successful candidate will require the following:
• Proven track record in sales management, strategic business development and/or product specialist
• Team player
• Good communicator at all levels
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Wells at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.