IT AdministratorNewport News, VA | Job ID 38381
- Job ID 38381
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Information technology / Software
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 4/23/2021
Primary focus of this position is Windows systems administration and user support, responding to requests such as help desk tickets, telephone, email and in-person service within the Liebherr Groups and its Newport News, VA location as well as other state side locations in accordance with Liebherr International IT security standards. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Creating and maintaining Active Directory user and computer accounts in accordance with company security policies.
- Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware and software issues.
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and servers.
- Conducting Windows and Linux server builds.
- Images, configures, issues and maintains user workstations, laptops and tablets.
- Configures issues and maintains other user equipment such as VPN cards, smart phones, cameras and USB storage devices.
- Creating and maintaining DNS and DHCP records and reservations.
- Handles support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Deploy, secure and maintain printers and MFP devices.
- Installing and maintaining of both off the shelf business applications (including Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, and others) and custom Liebherr software applications.
- Resolves basic network connectivity issues and communicates with network administrator.
- Creates VPN accounts, issues smart cards and installs client/keys on user’s computer.
- Maintains an inventory of technology equipment.
- Communicates and coordinates enterprise level issues to the upstream IT Services helpdesk.
- Stays informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to IT. Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and IT Senior Manager.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- A combination of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with three to four years’ work related experience or equivalent education with four to six years related work experience. Technical Certification in Microsoft technologies, preferred (MCSE/MCSA). A+, Server+, Network+, preferred.
- Travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Solid experience with current Windows server editions and workstations.
- Excellent people skills. Is competent and comfortable with handling support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explains reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience supporting end-users on Windows desktop operating systems from version 7 to Windows 10 required
- Experience using help desk software and ability to coordinate with other help desk personnel for successful and timely resolution of tickets.
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot Windows operating system related issues.
- Experience using remote connection tools and help desk software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of IT security principles, vulnerabilities and protection methods.
- Experience with IT related client and datacenter hardware.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.