Warehouse SupervisorElko, NV | Job ID 33934
- Job ID 33934
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Warehouse Supervisor coordinates the daily tasks and activities of the Warehousing department for the Elko, NV Branch of the LUS – Mining Division along with other offsite warehouses.
- Assigns department associates to specific duties, such as receiving, shipping, and general warehousing (storing and processing of custom production orders), verifying amounts of and storing incoming merchandise and assembling customer orders for delivery.
- Ensures execution of operational procedures for shipping and receiving.
- Ensure thorough, accurate and timely fulfillment of all orders.
- Responsible for warehouse inventory accuracy through company directed processes.
- Conducts regular and/or spot check inventories of parts and components for proper handling.
- Supervises and maintains and up-to-date controlling system.
- Reviews bills of lading for inbound/outbound merchandise.
- Co-monitors with Parts Business Manager on shipping and receiving of freight for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinates inter-company (Liebherr Group) incoming and outgoing materials including surplus inventory on as needed basis with the factory.
- Ensures appropriate supply levels of required departmental and facility maintenance materials (consumables, crating, packaging, janitorial, etc.).
- Organize local vendor needs on a required basis.
- Maintains and adjusts inventory levels with communication with Parts Business Manager.
- Provide input and coordinate training for the Warehouse staff.
- Ensures safe work environment for all employees.
- Works with government agencies as needed.
- Directly supervises assigned employees in the Warehouse.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Warehouse team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) and Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) regulations.
- Knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; and Microsoft Office Access, Excel, Word and Internet software.
- Skill in reading and interpreting basic blueprints and Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Associates or Technical degree with 3 years of related experience or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 5 or more years.
- Ability to maintain forklift certification.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to maintain overhead crane certification.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) Certification.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Beatrice Bushee at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.