Field Service Technician - Elko, NVElko, NV | Job ID 24961
- Job ID 24961
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Service Technician position is responsible for the technical leadership for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting Liebherr equipment.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides technical leadership to technicians.
- Trains service personnel.
- Diagnoses failed components.
- 24/7 on call status unless otherwise scheduled.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical and electrical systems.
- Completes and submits failure and field modifications reports.
- Collects and reports system download information.
- Participates in the rebuild of selected components.
- Interfaces with customers.
- Works closely with warehouse personnel to ensure all parts are correctly recorded.
- Works closely with engineering and maintenance on product support and development.
- Compiles parts lists, as needed.
- Accesses and updates the computerized maintenance program.
- Assists supervisor, as needed.
- Completes monthly Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) electrical inspections.
- Promotes safe work habits and environment.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Understands and complies with quality assurance requirements.
- Ability to acquire Mine Foreman’s certificate, as required
- Ability to acquire MSHA Electrical Certification, as required
- In addition to Level III competencies, demonstrate proficiency in trouble shooting, repairing or performance of :
- Programming of all electrical systems, as required
- Ability to maintain all certifications, i.e. electrical and welding
- Ability to be shift leader on truck assemblies or major rebuilds
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of systems used on Liebherr Mining Equipment trucks and products.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interprets, understand and explain to lower level technicians maintenance and parts manuals.
- Demonstrated self starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to receive and maintain MSHA electrical certification as required.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule required to meet shift schedules.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.