Product Support Representative-Autonomous HaulageNewport News, VA | Job ID 24921
- Job ID 24921
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 8/17/20
The Autonomy Product Support Representative plans and coordinates activities concerned with assembling, testing, and commissioning of various types of Liebherr equipment with a specific concentration on Autonomous Haulage Systems. Investigates and resolves customer reports of technical problems with equipment and assists customers with service-related issues such as machine performance, preventive maintenance, and the reduction of future operational or service difficulties.
- Provides regular and strategic recommendations for Autonomous Haulage system enhancements to improve performance and customer value.
- Provides a communication link between the customer, regional managers, customer support, and autonomous haulage technical development team to help maintain and develop an effective and desirable autonomous haulage solution.
- Works with engineers and other technicians performing tests on mining products, equipment, or systems.
- Modifies, builds, or installs prototype truck components in the field.
- Works closely with vehicle operations, software, and hardware performing diagnostics, test-plans, and vehicle upgrades.
- Works as a team member with engineers, technicians, and field personnel on tests or R&D projects.
- Installs, calibrates and verifies operation of sensors or data acquisition equipment required for engineering tests in the field.
- Assembles new or used equipment at customer sites and ensures full functionality according to factory specifications.
- Writes Product Incident Reports (PIR’s) on technical problems used to identify trends affecting design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and makes recommendations for modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Writes Product Assembly Reports (PAR’s) on problems encountered during machine assemblies, reports and documentation from customers and field service technician’s, inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Provides assistance to regional managers, customer support, engineering, and other departments to resolve product problems and expedite solutions.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Assists in establishing preventive maintenance programs including planning and scheduling of equipment maintenance in accordance with factory specifications contained within operation and Maintenance manuals and guidelines.
- Provides technical advice and assists customers in completing and submitting warranty claims and ensures parts and paperwork are returned to the factory as required.
- Provides technical advice in the development of service manuals, Technical Instructions (TI’s) and Service Information’s (SI’s), Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s), and training courses.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of heavy mining equipment or other technology systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the operation, testing, and troubleshooting of autonomous vehicles, mine communication and mine network or fleet management systems are highly advantageous.
- Experience using steering robots, High Precision Inertial GPS units, inflatable vehicle targets, pedestrian dummies and any other ADAS/Autonomous Driving test equipment.
- Experience in the use of data acquisition equipment, perception sensors (LIDAR, Radar stereo vision, cameras) and Inertial GPS systems.
- Experience in monitoring and maintenance of wireless communication systems.
- Familiar with operation and troubleshooting of fleet management and/or traffic management systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, low voltage D.C., electrical control systems, and diesel engines.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software systems related to autonomous haulage.
- Ability to use software utilities to assess perception sensor data and calibrate perception sensors.
- Ability to perform as a “first responder” for technical issues related to autonomous haulage.
- Knowledge of Outlook software, Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment, hydraulic test equipment and other equipment required for troubleshooting and diagnostic testing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites domestically and internationally for 2-7 weeks in duration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Local Mine induction and access, HSE Certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport and International driver’s license.
- Serve on-call for 24/7 shifts and periodically required to work up to 14-hour days.