Warranty Administration ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 19222
- Job ID 19222
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Warranty Administration Manager will work out of the office in Newport News VA, providing warranty support to our Dealers/Customers. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of warranty for Liebherr USA, Co. - Construction Equipment Division products. This management includes supervision of personnel involved in the administration of warranty claims, the return of parts from dealers, core return criteria inspection, and the return shipment of parts to supplier.
- Follow LCE warranty policies and procedures and warranty policies of our applicable sister companies and other vendors.
- Continually monitor existing warranty policies and develop updates and/or improvements.
- Resolve dealer warranty and vendor claim issues, including credits, in a reasonably short time.
- Manage parts return process from dealers and the forwarding of components to the factories and/or suppliers.
- Manage warranty inspector processes and when necessary assist in the analysis of components in order to make a fair warranty decisions.
- Establish periodic reports to monitor various metrics as they relate to warranty.
- Achieve and maintain a high reimbursement ratio from our suppliers (factories or otherwise).
- Resolve warranty disputes with dealers and suppliers proficiently and professionally.
- Supply technical information to dealers as requested and authorized by the General Manager, Product Support.
- Manages Direct Reports.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Warranty Administration team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates or Technical degree with 5 years of related experience or a combination of education and related experience equivalent to 5 to 7 years.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Solid mechanical knowledge and skill to identify and inspect mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components. Must be proficient in using Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and be able to generate and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Must have good presentation skills and be able to articulate information and concepts to Dealers/Customers.
- Must be able to conduct warranty training to effectively train Dealers and/or Customers.
- Must possess strong people skills and be able to communicate with people of various educational backgrounds on a professional basis.
- Read and interpret technical descriptions and engineering drawings.
- Ability to work well with others as a team to achieve set goals.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.