Service EngineerKillarney | Job ID 19059
- Job ID 19059
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967. In 1972 Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
Liebherr Container Cranes has a vacancy for a motivated professional to work in the Service department. The Service Engineer will be responsible for providing worldwide service support to our clients for the full range of Liebherr Container Cranes products. This role will involve frequent worldwide travel.
The Service Engineer will be an experienced professional, ideally with broad experience in multiple technical roles, and with broad knowledge of both electrical and mechanical systems.
The person will be highly motivated, dependable, and thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The person will possess excellent planning, scheduling and organisational skills. Must have excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. Ensure that a high standard of service is provided at all times, and can prioritise tasks effectively on an ongoing basis to ensure that customer demands are met.
- Promotes cooperation - for the greater good of the company and the customer.
- Customer focused - meeting the needs of both internal & external customers.
- Demonstrates honesty, fairness and trustworthiness and follows through on commitments.
Key Elements of the Role
- Provision of worldwide maintenance and service support for the full range of products
- Provision of on-site support as may be required for both planned and emergency repairs
- Communication with customers on service and related matters
- Commissioning of cranes after installation at site
- Testing and completion of handover formalities on project completion
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project / job completion
- Training of clients, employees and apprentices both on-site and in-house
- Completion of outstanding works after crane handover
- Provision of services to include crane refurbishment and maintenance contracts
- Liaising with production to eliminate faults
- Checking of drawings and preparation of documentation for site
- Repair and research of electrical / electronic modules and equipment
- In-house crane testing as required prior to despatch
- Ensure that quality, environmental, and health and safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Extensive travel and time away from head office will be required
- Other duties as assigned by the Company from time to time
- A recognised third level Mechanical and Electrical qualification with significant practical experience is essential for this role
- A qualification trade apprenticeship (Mechanical or Electrical) would be a distinct advantage
- Fault finding and diagnostic experience is essential
- Experience in a supervisory role would be an advantage