Liaison Engineer-ElectronicsEverett, WA | Job ID 18740
- Job ID 18740
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Ensure Liebherr-Aerospace liaison engineering with Boeing for engineering activities
- Support the entire development process from early system and component studies, detailed design phase, qualification phase, flight test phase to entry into service and sustaining.
- Knowledge of general requirements for aerospace systems and products
- Knowledge of aerospace product development processes and standards
- Knowledge of aerospace qualification and certification processes
- Knowledge to support troubleshooting of equipment
- Provide Boeing with expertise and support related to Liebherr designed and developed aircraft components in the field of electronics and power electronics.
- Actively participate in the component and system engineering development integration teams and engineering meetings.
- Summarize and prepare digests of technical meetings and decisions taken at the customer, and ensure transmission of the information to the home base.
- Ensure appropriate follow up of agreed action items from the engineering meetings.
- Ensure adequate technical support to Boeing for ongoing joint activities by coordinating activities closely with the Boeing engineering and management, the Seattle engineering manager and the home base Liebherr program management.
- Support program management in achieving budgets and timelines.
- Ensure design expertise, support, and system integration activities with the customer in close coordination with the project and office management.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the technical directives given by the project leaders.
- Support and coordinate training of the production engineering personnel, support and participate to functional system testing in test labs and on the first production aircrafts.
- Provide and support engineering analysis, and disposition of snags associated with components, and detected on the assembly line in close cooperation with final assembly line engineering.
- Ensure local configuration management of system installed in Boeing labs and on flight test aircrafts.
- Support flight test briefing and debriefings; collect and distribute flight test data, record, and provide advanced analyses of system snags to the home base.
- Perform system analyses, as directed by the project and office management.
- Ensure engineering support to the home based supplier management team (engineering follow up of local US or Canadian companies).
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level, and identify potential business activities based on engineering needs identified.
- Report new industry aircraft level technologies, technology trends, and/or technological development that may impact the Liebherr aerospace component design or the Liebherr aerospace component design philosophy.
- Advanced knowledge of electronic and power electronic products and services
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgement
- Fast comprehension and analysis of complex technical contexts.
- Perform in depth system analyses and power electronics modeling and simulations.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Generating reports, and advanced competency with computer skills and applications
- Ability to multitask to participate to technical discussions and also take the notes needed to generate comprehensive meeting summaries and follow up actions.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and basic electrical schematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably in Power Electronics Engineering (Master’s degree preferred) field with 2-4 years of relevant engineering experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience related to power electronics or design in aerospace or automotive environment is preferred. Additionally, experience in design with: inverter modules, input/output filters of power electronic modules, control algorithms for high speed electrical motor drive is also preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.