Project ManagerSaline, MI | Job ID 18604
- Job ID 18604
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Automation Systems Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/31/2019
- Lead development of project "Initiation Activities" (e.g. kick-off meeting).
- Lead development, management, and confirmation of customer requirements. Document and manage all project specific objectives, and ensure understanding by all involved functions.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a master work plan to align project activities to customer as well as internal requirements and timing.
- Lead core team members in control of project expenditures (i.e. resources, tools, equipment, facilities, materials etc.) including periodic reviews of financial status
- Manage project resources as they relate to people, equipment, and materials. Lead, mentor, and motivate core team members to develop consensus, and manage conflicts. Ensure project roles and responsibilities are understood by each core team member.
- Coordinate risk and opportunity management planning activities by leading core team members in proactive identification, prioritization, response planning, and monitoring and controlling of project related risks to eliminate or minimize the negative impact, and opportunities to maximize positive impact the projects' targets.
- Guide the applicable core team members to translate the project requirements into a sourcing plan and ensure supplier related project requirement are properly reflected and communicated.
- Manage manufacturing engineering documentation
- Provides technical support to manufacturing personnel
- Specify process for new programs or modify for existing programs
- Provide cost requirements for relevant programs
- Evaluate received supplier bid packages on quoted programs and report recommendations
- Monitor and provide direction throughout build/installation process
- Provide support for equipment runoff
- Preferred manufacturing/ processing experience
- Visit plants, customers and suppliers periodically on a variety of issues.
- Some travel required (Domestic and International).
- Improve Lean performance of all equipment with an understanding of OEE (Equipment Uptime).
- Manage a cross functional group of engineering disciplines with a penchant towards Operational Efficiency.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Must be capable of performing duties with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to handle stressful / pressure situations in a professional manner.
- Basic understanding of current Manufacturing Material Handling Technology
- Familiarity with Automotive Manufacturing
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 3-5 years of project management experience and a minimum of three (3) full lifecycle projects managed, with a demonstrated progression of complexity and scope; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additionally, a minimum of one global project managed, with cross-functional experience of 3-4 years in either in manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, finance, quality or sales. Automotive industry and manufacturing experience preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.