Production mechanics produce and process components made of metal. They put together assemblies and maintain facilities, equipment and machines.
Production mechanics are employed in mechanical engineering operations. There they process metals, sheet metal and components. They build the components from appliances, equipment and machines. To do this, they refer to production documents and technical drawings. They prepare the necessary working equipment. They fulfill their tasks and complete projects with precision and independence; in some cases also within a team of other specialists.
At a glance
Period of training: 3 years
Prerequisite: Elementary school education, general or intermediate-level certificate
Interests and talents
- You have an interest in technical correlations.
- You have extremely good practical skills and engineering knowledge.
- Craftsmanship/manual dexterity is one of your strengths.
- You have very good spatial perception.
- You adopt a precise, thorough and meticulous approach to work.
- You work happily in a team.
Liebherr Machines Bulle SA
Rue Hans-Liebherr, 7
- Phone+41 26913-3222