Field Service Engineer - SunderlandSunderland | Job ID 41704
- Job ID 41704
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen for a Field Service Engineer for the Earth Moving Division based from our Sunderland Depot Field Service Engineer. The role, reporting to the After Sales Supervisor, contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment out at customer premises or on site. Ensuring both quality standards and timelines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Carry out, servicing, inspection and repair of earthmoving machinery and equipment at customer premises or on site or if required at the appropriate depot
- Ensure a good knowledge and understanding of Job Specific Safety Assessments (JSSA)
- Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately
- Return all warranty and other return parts cleaned and on time ensuring correct processes for packing and labelling
- Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed
- Correctly file all service manuals and that they are consistently updated
- Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Coordinates with the customer ensuring that customer needs are understood and that a flexible approach is adopted to meeting their needs
- Works with the customer in mindm making sure that quality work standards are maintained consistently and that post work, the repair site is left
- Is able to effectively contribute in recognising and improving work processes so as to drive greater efficiency
- This is classified as a Safety-Critical role and as such if you are successful in your application the offer will be subject to the passing of a Safety Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- GCSE passes grades A-C in Mathematics and English or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- Good communicator at all levels
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate uses of IT relevant to role.
- Be able to travel UK & Ireland and overseas as required to support business requirements.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, Secure and progressive work environment, Competitive salary and benefits, Training and personal development
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Wells at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.