Category ManagerBurlington, ON | Job ID 39823
- Job ID 39823
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country Canada
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
This role is responsible for managing a select group of categories within the Liebherr Canada Procurement Team, taking the lead in developing category strategies, driving savings, and providing process and policy guidance to the business. As this a new role at Liebherr Canada Ltd., the Category Manager will be working closely with the Procurement Manager to fully develop the role. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, as we work together to define and develop the new procurement strategy for our business.
- Work with key business stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive understanding of ongoing business needs
- Develop category strategy plans for the areas of spend in your purview
- Lead negotiation of costs and services to ensure value and that customer service needs are met
- Review and provide input on contract terms and conditions, as requested, with a focus on protecting the commercial interests of the company and mitigating risk
- Drive implementation of digitized platforms, including the launch of any new supplier site portals and the development of internal support tools
- Manage ongoing supplier performance to ensure all contracted obligations are met, with a focus on driving continuous improvement
- Proactively, and creatively, seek out opportunities to drive savings to and efficiencies for the business and implement new processes or suppliers as needed
- Develop meaningful analytics and provide reporting to management
- Focus on change management strategies to further support colleagues, internal customers, and external partners as our business overall, and procurement specifically, adapt to change
- Bring a level of market expertise to the categories being managed
- Help in the development and mentoring of other procurement team members where appropriate
- 5-10 years of general procurement experience
- Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Flexibility to take on additional work outside their defined categories, as required
- Though not required, ability to speak French will be considered an asset
Liebherr Canada is committing to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Ely at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.