BuyerSaline, MI | Job ID 39180
- Job ID 39180
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The buyer is responsible for to purchase and/or expedite parts and services from OEM’s and outside suppliers to meet customers demand while maintaining appropriate inventory levels that meet company goals.
- Purchase of standard and commercial parts and subcontracting services to support their customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain reliable aerospace suppliers.
- Global coordination of materials from OEM’s.
- Operates MRP/ Baan/Lirom and series of Access database systems to input and retrieve data.
- Interfaces with OEMS’, internal departments, domestic and international vendors and resolves any supply chain issue using various communication modes.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production.
- Ability to work independently and as member of the supply chain team.
- Ability to adapt work schedule to meet program and company goals.
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact with wide variety of people in calm, clear, non-threatening, collaborative manner.
- Good communication skills including written, verbal, in person and by telephone
reasoning and thinking skills and ability to problem solve.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) with 2-5 years of relevant position-related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.