Financial Analyst (Cost Accountant)Acheson, AB | Job ID 37627
- Job ID 37627
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Are you an experienced accounting professional seeking to join a growing company in a dynamic industry? If so, Liebherr Canada has an exciting opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Cost Accountant will lead the inventory costing and analysis functions of Liebherr-Canada Ltd. This position will work closely with cross-divisional teams to prepare and present inventory planning, costing and analysis to senior management. In doing so, the Cost Accountant will be able to deliver recommendations to support key revenue optimization and cost-cutting measures.
*partial work from home flexibility may apply*
- Lead in activity based cost accounting implementation and maintenance for both LCA Re-manufacturing facilities
- Assist in preparation and review of standard costing process and monthly variance analysis
- Perform monthly review of inventory purchase and production variance accounts
- Perform monthly review of labor productivity and utilization
- Perform monthly review of work-in-process and prepare analysis for senior management.
- Prepare monthly inventory sales margin, mix, and aging analysis
- Prepare monthly inventory journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist in annual inventory count planning and execution
- Assist in preparation of annual inventory forecasts and monthly reviews
- Prepare and present monthly inventory KPI metrics to senior management
- Assist with preparation of inventory BI dashboards and communication to senior management
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field required; CPA preferred
- 5+ years of inventory, costing and budgeting experience within the mining industry, including formulating quotes for contract work in mining fields
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Power BI is as asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- A positive attitude with strong drive and initiative to problem-solve around challenging situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
** Some travel will be required within Canada **
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Gauss at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.