Foreman - Steel ConstructionKillarney | Job ID 36061
- Job ID 36061
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
Stuck in the wrong job? Sick of being stuck in traffic with no work life balance? Come work with us in probably the most beautiful County in Ireland!
Reporting to the Steel Construction Manager, the Foreman will ensure production deadlines are met in a safe efficient manner. They will take responsibility for the preparation and organisation of work, supervising employees and monitoring and improving performance and quality. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills along with a craftsmanship qualification and experience of welding and fitting.
Key elements of the Role
- Ensure that production deadlines are met in accordance with production schedules, contractual delivery commitments and meet the requirements of other departments for whom he is a sub-supplier.
- Preparation and organisation of work for all employees in the department, thus ensuring that sufficient work is available at all times. This includes the arrangement of shift rotas.
- Supervision of all employees within the department, monitoring of performance and quality of workmanship as well as dealing with any HR / IR issues that may arise.
- Improvement of quality and productivity through the best allocation of employees, revision of work practises, training, use of tools, machinery etc.
- Supervise, train and motivate personnel to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Planning and prioritising of workload and resources in accordance with the Production Planning System, due dates and the requirements of other departments.
- Providing assistance, advice and information to workers to help them carry out their tasks and give manual assistance where and when required.
- Communicating and liaising with Maintenance regarding the servicing/auditing or machines or similar.
- Liaising with other departments to establish supply requirements and to optimise material / process flow and quality.
- Compiling reports and updating schedules such as Supervisor Safety Reports, Safety Statements, Risk Assessments, Employee Assessments, Inspection Charts, Quality Reports, etc.
- Cooperating with other departments such as the Works Organisation, Production Department, Quality Control or Design with regard to the investigation, planning and realisation of investment projects and specifications.
- Striving to continuously improve quality in all aspects of the department and following the company Quality Policy to ensure that the Company’s quality targets and objectives are met.
- Support and practice Lean manufacturing techniques.
Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Problem Solving & Analysis, Planning & Organizing, Relationship Building, Adaptability & Flexibility.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory position.
- Craftsmanship with experience of welding and fitting.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, training & development, subsidized canteen, retailer discounts, sports & social club, travel opportunities and if that's not enough we finish early on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Siobhan Kennelly at: [email protected]