LMS Systems Administrator - Technical Training & DocumentationNewport News, VA | Job ID 31361
- Job ID 31361
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 6/1/2021
The LMS System Administrator - Technical Training & Documentation is responsible for the administration, support and maintenance of the department’s technology systems. The system administrator will maintain security roles and associated privileges; upload, test and maintain content; generate various training and performance related reports; and recommend system policies and procedures. Additionally, the Systems Administrator will work with vendors and a variety of internal users to optimize systems in order to increase user productivity and company efficiency.
- Identify and resolve technical issues associated within the Technical Training and Publications department systems/applications.
- Administer the Technical Training content and certifications in the Learning Management System and the Technical documentation content in the Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals [IETM] for external customers.
- Upload and maintain materials (i.e. Web Based Training (WBT) course information, references, electronic job aids, resources, assessments, xml files, etc).
- Create external & internal user accounts and assign courses accordingly based on contractual training allocation.
- Troubleshoot internal & external TELL (Learning Management System) user issues.
- Develop, test and recommend creative solutions for administering special programs in TELL (i.e. using checklists, curricula, certifications, etc.).
- Troubleshoot eLearning course issues (i.e. SCORM interface/transferring completion data to TELL, etc.).
- Develop and maintain an understanding of application dependencies, workflows, integrations, and processes surrounding applications.
- Build, test and apply application enhancements and upgrades within test and production environments.
- Maintain system documentation, logs, and work instructions.
- Work with vendors on product enhancements and system upgrades to assure system optimization and project completion.
- Investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications.
- Create various reports using
- Train users and host department training on systems and applications.
- Provide technical help and support to internal and external administrators and end users.
- Manage the LMS Technical Training catalog and associated certifications.
- Design reports/workflows.
- Create SharePoint sites/workflows.
- Create and modify SharePoint user accounts and permissions.
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Test/debug XML/HTML code.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 3 years relevant experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as liaison with Help Desk/end user support personnel.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Excel power query, XML/HTML/CSS and Metadata Management.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems/system administration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word software.
- Ability to develop and implement project plans.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, prepare reports.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Ability to maintain a valid passport and driver's license.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.