Customs and Transport CoordinatorLaval, QC | Job ID 29276
- Job ID 29276
- Division Liebherr International
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
This position is responsible for designing, controlling and the daily operations of logistic activities related to heavy equipment and attachment movement into, and across, Canada. Supporting, new and used equipment, this role ensures machines are delivered and recorded efficiently, cost effectively and with high levels of customer satisfaction. The position will be responsible for third party contract management and assisting in tenders and or RFQ's.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, arrange freight and monitor the transportation and movement of heavy equipment into and across Canada
- Co-ordinate day to day logistics activities required for the transportation of machines and attachments, via Airfreight/Sea freight, ground, international, domestic and trans border Interface with service providers: ocean carriers, rail, truck, warehousing and customs brokers
- Research and procure transportation tenders and quotations
- Monitor shipment movements and inventory arrival planning
- Monitor and follow up on issues with service provider invoices
- Keep up to date with government regulations concerning movement of heavy goods
- Prepare and support importation documentation as required
- Communicate with Custom Brokers and ensure proper custom tariff classification Maintains high level of customer service.
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College graduate with international Trades courses or related Logistics Chain Trade program
- Minimum two years’ experience in heavy and complex machine freight movement required
- Minimum five years of logistics experience
- Excellent English and French language skills in all communication formats.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with carriers for best rates and services
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work and organize many complex movements
- Highly computer literate with strong data analytic skills, Drives efficient system/process change management
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Gauss at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.