Warehouse Logistics Material TechnicianFrenchtown, NJ | Job ID 28550
- Job ID 28550
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Material Technician position is responsible for the warehousing functions of receiving, put away, picking, packing, and shipment of materials in fulfillment of Production Work Orders and Sales and Replenishment Orders. The position is responsible for material movement, using material handling equipment. Inventory control is maintained by following instructions and procedures.
Essential Job Duties:
• Utilizes company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to perform inquiries on transactional history, where used, and planned inventory movement in support of inventory reconciliation, receipt, transfer, and shipment.
• Unloads and loads trucks and containers, using forklifts and cranes with weight capacities of up to forty (40) thousand lbs.
• Evaluates and rigs material lifts, verifying current sling certifications in accordance with company safety guidelines.
• Picks work orders, sales orders, or requests for parts and materials using material handling equipment and stages the material for packaging and shipment. The material is then either delivered to Production or loaded for shipment to customers.
• Packs orders for domestic and international shipment as required for the transportation mode per company guidelines. Builds appropriate boxing/crating when and as required.
• Stocks materials or items on assigned racks, shelves, or in bins pending verification of stocking documentation. Reports inventory variances relative to stocking transactions.
• Assists in investigating, resolving and coordinating shipping and receiving discrepancies.
• Performs cycle counts and assists Lead and Specialist in reconciliation.
• Replenishes vendor maintained and floor stock inventories.. Processes material issues and adds/changes or deletes stock locations.
• Trains others on equipment and procedures.
• Checks incoming shipments against the Delivery Bill /packing list for correctness of piece count, condition, noting any corrections or changes on Delivery Bill, the driver has signed, acknowledging discrepancies and/or damages.
• Unpacks, checks quantity and condition of incoming parts and materials.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment including cranes and lift trucks
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of material movement and the associated procedural controls
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
• Ability to perform effectively in a Teamenvironment
• Ability to train others on equipment andprocedures
• Knowledge of and ability to navigate through the appropriate applications, i.e. MS Office Products, ERP and WMS.
• Knowledge of Metric and Standard Systems and conversions.
• Knowledge of safety regulations and good housekeeping practices.
• Knowledge of the safe operation of basic power tools, i.e. saws, drill motors air compressors.
• Skilled in basic keyboarding.
• Skilled in carpentry such as building boxes and crates.
• Skilled in reading basic tools ofmeasurements, i.e. tape measure, calipers etc.
• Ability to read and interpret Liebherr Employee Rules and Regulations, company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, production and customer sales orders.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Writes clearly; able to read and interpret written information.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately using all forms of media i.e. radio, email, etc.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizedsituations.
• Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Meets productivity standards; completes work in timelymanner; strives to increase productivity.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two years’ experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
• Ability to maintain forklift and crane certification.
• Ability to work overtime as needed
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Luke Pennington at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.