Heavy Equipment MechanicNewport News, VA | Job ID 25977
- Job ID 25977
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic performs mechanical maintenance duties on heavy equipment such as mining trucks, excavators, forklifts and other diesel-powered equipment in support of Vulcan activities. This position is located in our Vulcan Quarry in Lawrenceville, Virginia.
- Performs mechanical and electrical repair/replacement of components on heavy equipment.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Operates machinery as required for repair/replacement work.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision, and minimum required rework.
- Reads and interprets schematics, engineering drawings, and bills of materials.
- Identifies parts required to performed repair/replacement work
- Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Troubleshoot using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and 3 years of experience maintaining heavy industrial equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Basic understanding of diesel powered machinery/heavy equipment.
- Strong communication skills with individuals in and outside the company.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.