IT Analyst - Production IT TeamleaderKillarney | Job ID 25323
- Job ID 25323
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Information technology
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Applications are invited for the position of IT Analyst – Production IT Teamleader. This is a permanent contract reporting to the IT Manager or his/her delegate.
In this role your purpose is to proactively support the improvement of business processes (mainly production areas) through developments and adaptations to the production applications and shop floor hardware. You will have interactions supporting key users and managers, as well as with suppliers and sister companies. Equally you will support and be supported by the other IT team leaders. The employee reports to the I.T. Manager, and will delegate tasks as appropriate to a small team.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. You are competent at “becoming the technical expert” through your own research and knowledge gathering. You possess a service mentality, and are capable of juggling priorities as needed to assure continuity in production. You provide quality support and possess excellent documentation skills. You have an appreciation of how systems integrate and interact throughout the organisation. You are a strong communicator, with a confident appearance. Above all you have a process oriented approach to problem-solving – working in a group environment, you have a proven ability to reach the root cause of a problem and to negotiate and document a solution agreeable to all stakeholders involved.
Key Elements of the Role
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Management and setup/configuration of all shop floor facing applications, terminals (e.g MES, Time and Attendance, NC programming applications)
- Application administration and daily maintenance – monitoring of interfaces, scheduled tasks, data checks etc.
- Support of various programmes in the production departments for continuous improvement in business processes (e.g. Shop floor digitalisation, IoT, Smart Factory)
- Ownership of the adaption/development/rollout of applications as required
- Management of live and test environments of applications as required to test and develop ideas.
- Facilitating of discussion by cross functional teams as required to realise solutions
- Assistance with data analytics & development of KPIs and the reports & dashboards needed
- Ownership of requests/tickets related to Production IT
- Maintaining application documentation for use by the other IT team leaders and helpdesk
Qualifications & Competences
- A 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline
- A demonstrated technical capability and experience in a manufacturing related role
- Skills or understanding of one of the following, or similar:
- Business process analytics
- LEAN methodologies
- Project management
- Ideally 2-3 years in a similar role
- Previous experience of MES
- Previous experience in implementation/rollout projects
- German language skills