Apprentice - WelderBiggleswade | Job ID 19886
- Job ID 19886
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen in our Workshop for an Apprentice - Welder/Fabricator. The successful candidate will undertake a formal apprenticeship within Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd Welding department by actively supporting the Workshop to deliver customer satisfaction through quality work with a view to a long term career with Liebherr-Great Britain or another Liebherr Company whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Attend college as required and complete a recognised apprenticeship framework to a high standard
- Ensure all welding & fabrication operations are executed in accordance with all relevant codes of practice and company procedures
- Ensure that all heat treatment, hardness testing, inspection and non-destructive testing (NDT) is carried out in compliance with relevant codes, specifications and procedures
- Support the team ethos within the Workshop by actively engaging in new challenges with a can do attitude
- Maintain a safe working environment and presentable level of cleanliness in the Welding Shop
- Provide assistance to other team members as and when required
- Drives customer satisfaction by following guidelines in relation to the company quality assurance manual
- Performs final quality control inspections in accordance with relevant procedures
- Takes responsibility for self-development and continually identifies ways of improving technical skills through completing an indentured apprenticeship and attending technical courses
- Takes the initiative to provide suggestions and contribute to the improvement of the operations by coming up with new ideas
The successful candidate will require the following:
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at ‘C’ grade or above (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and preferably a science based subject.
- Demonstrate a passion for the subject, the industry and their own personal development.
- To be able to develop personally with the support of specific training and continually improve the skill base.
- Be articulate and able to communicate confidently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Smart and well presented.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to work.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
Please be aware that the closing date for this role is 31st May 2020 and we will commence shortlisting of applications from this date.