Warehouse ManagerKillarney | Job ID 19315
- Job ID 19315
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 22.01.2020
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr started manufacturing gantry container cranes and ship to shore cranes in 1967. In 1972, Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. was formed and is now responsible within the Liebherr Group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. You are a dependable, performance driven decision maker with the capability to analyse problems, swiftly develop solutions and then to implement appropriate actions. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the role, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. You have strong people and performance management experience, excellent presentation techniques and well developed influencing skills. Using your management skills and experience, you will lead the warehouse and distribution team towards the companies supply chain vision and objectives. You will create a high performance culture based on the pillars of customer focus, quality and continuous improvement through the motivation and engagement of the team. You take responsibility for the performance of the team, consistently meeting and exceeding targets.
Key Elements of the Role
- Ensure the efficient and economical utilization of facilities for receiving, storing and distributing of a variety of products (raw materials, spare parts, kits etc.).
- Manage, and continuously improve, the assigned metrics in compliance with company’s vision/policies and best known visual supply chain practices. Develop and recommend improvements in warehouse practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements. Maintain correct standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly.
- Prioritize, allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs. Supervise staff to ensure that all warehouse activities, and all machines/equipment is operated safely. Train new workers in warehouse operating procedures and standards. Develop and implement a professional development program for the team together with HR.
- Prepare a budget and operate within the approved budget.
- Ensure that all machines and equipment are operated in a safe manner, enforce optimal operational policies and procedures. Plan work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results.
- Proactive engagement with suppliers on optimum delivery method to meet the needs of the internal customers at lowest possible cost.
- Proactive engagement with QA team to ensure that material is available to meet the needs of the internal customers and support replacement deliveries if needed.
- Modify & leverage IT support systems to optimize functionality and provide accurate reporting for key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accuracy & quality of data input into the ERP and Warehouse Management System.
- Resolution of any goods-inward issues and manage stock control process together with Purchasing & Finance.
- Coordination with Logistics and Transport with respect to deliveries to internal/external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a warehouse manager.
- Expertise in warehouse management & logistics procedures and best practices.
- Service minded, customer focused and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge and implementation experience in world class supply chain management methods and tools (lean, 5S, Kanban, JIT, consignment stock etc.)
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators.
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration.
Competitive salary, pension scheme, training & development, subsidized canteen, Fitbit and retailer discounts, sports & social club, travel opportunities, cycle to work scheme, discounts with Liebherr Hotels and if that's not enough we offer Flexi time and an early finish on a Friday!
Please note, we are only accepting direct applications and are not currently accepting applications through agencies.