Fitter/WelderNewport News, VA | Job ID 19045
- Job ID 19045
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/13/2019
The Fitter/Welder lays-out, fits, and welds fabricated components to assemble structural forms such as heavy equipment frames, tanks, and other mining equipment parts by performing the following duties.
- Completes successfully all required weld tests.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays-out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate & efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Cost Awareness: Aware of the assigned budget for each task. Strives to keep costs within the budget, and makes manager aware when budget will be exceeded.
- Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the expectations of the job.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Learns new skills quickly. Is able to work independently to master new skills and tasks.
- Identifies personal strength and weaknesses, and targets areas for self-improvement. Participates in educational opportunities and works towards developing new skills or enhancing existing skills.
- Looks for ways to improve effectiveness by implementing new ideas and more efficient approaches
- Communicates the knowledge gained from education and experience to others in the organization who may benefit.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted online via the online portalwww.liebherr.com