Facilities Engineer - MaintenanceNewport News, VA | Job ID 18896
- Job ID 18896
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/3/2019
The Facilities Engineer applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes used in processing or manufacturing products by performing the following duties.
- Analyzes product and equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Oversee preventative maintenance program for facility and equipment including monitoring, repair, life cycle analysis, and reporting
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technical changes and developments in industry.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks. Utilizes, as a key user, computer based building maintenance system including database development and management, work order processing, and reporting
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Application and working knowledge of industry-wide codes and regulations such as ASTM, ANSI, ISO, NFPA, and building codes.
- Application and working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Directly supervises maintenance employees in the Facilities department.
- Directly supervised contractors
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Building Maintenance team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) and 3+ years related experience and/or training.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, AutoCAD, CMMS software (Computer Maintenance Management System)
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Occasional overnight/extended travel national and international as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.