Rebuild Shop TechnicianGillette, WY | Job ID 18567
- Job ID 18567
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Rebuild Shop Service Technician is responsible for the disassembly and re-assembly and testing for all rebuild components according to SEU guidelines and specifications.
- Teardown, inspect and re-assemble rebuild components and test.
- Disassemble, inspect and rebuild components according to SEU guidelines.
- Correctly diagnosis failed components when possible.
- Participates in the rebuild of selected components according to SEU guidelines.
- Assures that components are rebuilt to the latest recommended specifications as per the Liebherr SEU Share-point Site.
- Successfully interfaces with customers when required.
- Access the BaaN computer system to ensure parts can be identified and found.
- Works closely with warehouse personnel to ensure all parts are correctly recorded.
- Assists with troubleshooting field service calls as needed.
- Develops an understanding of systems used on Liebherr Mining Equipment products.
- Handles and properly disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Assures that tools, supplies, etc. are picked up every day at the end of the shift and the shop is kept clean and orderly.
- Assists Lead Rebuild Service Technician and Manager as needed.
- Step in as Lead Rebuild Service Technician as needed.
- Train and mentor lower level Rebuild Service Technicians.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self, follow established safety procedures including MSHA & OSHA regulations.
- Understands and complies with quality assurance requirements.
- Working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and Internet software.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, technical procedures, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to carry out detailed involved written or oral instructions.
- Demonstrate the ability to proficiently rebuild the following components, as well as troubleshoot, and repair: Front and rear suspensions, Front wheel assemblies, Traction motors, Gear sets, Brake calipers, Steering and hoist cylinders, Drag Links, Main blower assemblies, Grid box assemblies, Pump drives
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portal.www.liebherr.com