Heavy Equipment Mechanic- Concrete EquipmentNewport News, VA | Job ID 16836
- Job ID 16836
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Service Specialist plans, coordinates, and executes on-site and in-house service and maintenance for various types of Liebherr concrete equipment including, but not limited to, batch plants, recycling plants, mixers, concrete pumps, and truck-mounted conveyors.
- Supervise and assist with installation and commissioning of new and previously owned concrete equipment as noted above
- Provide on-site or remote technical assistance to troubleshoot, repair, or adjust equipment
- Perform on-site or in-house equipment assembly, upgrades, and modifications as directed by supervisor
- Operate equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs
- Organize and conduct on-site safety, maintenance, and operational training for dealers and end users of LCT provided equipment
- Recommend, specify, and maintain tools and equipment necessary to properly troubleshoot, repair, and maintain LCT provided equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of LCT’s workshop and warehouse areas
- Perform warranty evaluations and assist with preparing warranty claims
- Provide after-hours support as needed
- Pack, ship, and receive parts and equipment for resale
- Handle and properly dispose of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, parts cleaning solvents, and similar materials
- Complete and submit all required reports and documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Experience working with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Working knowledge of PLC applications and Ladder Logic programming
- Working knowledge of welding, grinding, and metal fabrication
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with the safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment
- Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in repair and maintenance of construction equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to break problems down into smaller parts, and consider multiple solutions based upon cost, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each solution
- Experienced Trainer
- Can understand and interpret maintenance and parts manuals
- Can read blueprints and schematics
- Can plan and execute tasks without supervision
- Recognizes when it is necessary to request additional assistance.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.