Modification & Service Administration ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 15534
- Job ID 15534
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Administration
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The position of Modification & Service Administration Manager is responsible for all modification field service activities, all service administration functions, and all warranty functions on all LWE products in the US. This position works closely with all departments within the company and LWE in seeing that modification related issues and warranty issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, manages and directs all modification field service activities directly or through subordinate supervisors.
- Oversees and coordinates scheduling of training for Modification Field Service Technicians, Service Administrative staff, and Warranty staff.
- Functions as the key user in BaaN in support of the Service team.
- Oversees and coordinates invoicing and correspondence between staff and customers.
- Supervises and oversees the opening of service jobs and projects; analyzes and tracks open issues, service trends, and machine issues.
- Directs and supervises finished service jobs and ensures payroll and labor costs, man hours, parts, etc. are properly recorded and invoiced to customers or factory.
- Performs overseas customer surveys to ensure superior level of customer service by Modification Field Service Team is being delivered.
- Provides reporting and trend analysis to management.
- Supervises field service administrative staff, modification staff and warranty staff, either directly or through subordinate supervisors, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Builds organizational commitment; implements policies; manages employee performance; motivates team; and communicates.
- Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities, and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments.
- Manages 6 Direct Reports and indirectly manages subordinate employees.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Service Administration team, Warranty team, and Modification Field Service Team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates degree in a related field and at least 5 years of experience in similar position; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior supervisory experience is a must.
Promotes communication and cooperation for the greater good of the company and the customer. Meets the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff. Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in the use of PC based word processing and spreadsheets, and BaaN.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and comptetive salary. We hire as soon as possible. All applicants must apply online at www.liebherr.com.