Crane Workshop EngineerBiggleswade | Job ID 14293
- Job ID 14293
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Biggleswade workshop for two Workshop Engineer – Mobile & Crawler Cranes. The successful candidate will provide a professional and competent service to the company’s customers both external and internal at the workshop facility at Biggleswade whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake build, assembly, diagnostic, service, repair, recovery and technical work on Liebherr crane products on behalf of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- To undertake similar work on non-Liebherr products from time to time as necessary and as appropriate.
- To participate in the early stages of the effective processing of warranty claims and report on technical matters that might impact on the outcome of warranty claims.
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
- To work additional hours as reasonably required to undertake the described duties and to be available to work a rota-based out of hours customer support plan if such a plan were implemented or as may be required from time to time.
- To ensure that as far as possible that any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customers and suppliers.
- In all activities to ensure that the Safety, Quality, Environmental, HR, Financial and all other operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted and that company procedures, both operational and administrative are maintained.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role and / or industry.
- Technical competence in the areas of electrical, electronic, air and hydraulic systems.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, a competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.